The secret to the success of Don Bosco the educator was his intense spirituality, an inner energy which made of the love of God and neighbour an inseparable unity for him. This is a fundamental element of Salesian pastoral action and is based on the Gospel.
We believe that:
- The Holy Spirit is alive and well in the young, especially in those who are most in need and we do whatever we can to help them discover the workings of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
- Everyday life is where we come into contact with God.
- Joy is how we give the greatest glory to God and to each other.
- Friendship is how we make God real to each other.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, through prayer, the Eucharist and the Word of God is what enables us to grow in the love of God.
- The Church is a place where we all grow in love of each other and God.
- The experience of reaching out to and caring for others is the best way to bring God’s love to the world.
- Mary is our guide, model and helper in how to respond to God’s love.
- Whatever brings people together to worship God and serve each other is what Jesus wants the most from us.